Sector(s): Wedding Coordinator + Hospitality + Event Management
Job Title: Wedding and Events Coordinator
Location: Liverpool - Merseyside
Salary: Dependent on
Working Hours: 40 hours per week. Weekend & evening work required. 9 month maternity cover.
We aim to develop an innovative and varied events programme in our venues. We are looking for a dynamic, energetic and determined individual to join the team. This is a busy role, that requires you to be well planned, but with the ability to be entirely reactive when required - which is often! You will work within an established but small team to deliver the existing events but also develop new concepts.
As a Wedding & Events Coordinator you will be responsible for social and wedding events within the venue. As a specialist in your area, you will manage all client contact for new enquiries, amendments and final details and liaise with the operational team to ensure all event details are handed over so that service is delivered to meet and exceed the client expectations.
The role will involve conducting show rounds with couples, establishing what their requirements are and selling the correct wedding packages to suit them. You will be the bride and grooms’ key contact for all wedding detail from the initial enquiry to seeing the couple through their big day. The role will support the marketing of wedding and special events whilst maintaining relationships with key suppliers.
Aside from weddings, you will also be responsible for all social and Christmas enquiries, responding to special requests and organising and planning events whilst ensuring the operational team are fully informed to run a very popular season.
We are looking for someone with a great personality to share their passion for the hospitality industry in delivering service with a smile. You will be working in a busy environment which requires a consistency in customer service, flexibility and being able to work well under pressure.
The ideal candidate will be organised, an excellent communicator, have exceptional attention to detail and the passion to go the extra mile for our customers. Experience within the hospitality industry is required.
We believe in developing our team and creating a workplace where people feel comfortable and happy doing what they do. We offer many diverse training programmes to aid you in your career development.
WEDDING AND EVENTS COORDINATOR – DUTIES
· Liaising with floor management regarding the smooth delivery of events;
· Researching markets to identify opportunities for events;
· Liaising with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements;
· Planning room layouts and the entertainment programme, scheduling workshops and demonstrations;
· Coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings;
· Coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly;
· Managing cafe bookings;
· Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders, e.g. customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organisations;
· Communicating with target audiences and managing customer relationships;
· Assisting with the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters and e-newsletters etc
· Liaising with designers and printers;
· Assisting the marketing team to updating all online communications;
· Arranging for the effective distribution of marketing materials;
· Maintaining and updating customer databases;
· Organising and attending events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions;
· Contributing to and developing marketing plans and strategies;
· Evaluating marketing campaigns;
· Monitoring competitor activity;
· Supporting the Marketing and Events Manager and other colleagues.
SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
· Wedding and event management experience is essential
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Must be commercially aware and customer-focused
· Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
· A flexible approach to work
· Able to work to deadlines under pressure
· Creative and experimental
· A thorough and detailed attitude
· IT literate
· Ability to prioritise
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, including 'Wedding and Events Coordinator' in the subject line.